Y-POD is a three year Big Lottery funded project which will:
- Champion a joined up approach to helping care leavers and young offenders to thrive
- Improve access to housing, health and education, employment and training (EET)
- Offer intensive one to one support that meets young people’s needs
The Y-POD team will work in partnership with local organisations to offer:
- A single referral point for wrap around support in the three key areas: housing, health and EET.
- Signposting and help to access existing services
- Commissioning of new support and learning programmes to meet individual needs
Who is it for?The project prioritises the most disengaged young people from Leicester City who are slipping through the net of both statutory and voluntary providers. The intensive support will focus on 16-17 year old looked after children (LAC) and 16 – 20 year olds on licence and/or leaving custody.
PartnershipY-POD offers a once in a generation opportunity to transform the way that voluntary and statutory agencies work together and the outcomes they can achieve for young people.
The Y is the lead agency working strategically in partnership with Leicester City Council, Connexions Leicestershire and Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust.
Meet the TeamJoseph Cox - Project Manager
Hannah Deignan - Lead Project Worker for Education
Jit Singh - Lead Project Worker for Health
Naomi Tansey - Lead Project Worker for Accomodation
Alyson Welsh - Project Administrator
Sokol Hoxha - YPOD Youth Engagement Worker