The Y is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of everyone who supports the charity or interacts with us via our website, email or other methods.
- To be fair and transparent about how we collect and use your data
- To respect your wishes and make it easy for you to change or stop the communications you are receiving
- To reflect best practice in fundraising communications
- To ensure data collection, transfer and storage methods meet appropriate security standard
What data do we collect?
The Y may collect, store and process any personal information provided by you via our website such as; name, address, telephone number, email address, donations, gift aid collection, ticket purchases, fundraising event registrations, surveys or job applications.
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to the processing of your personal information as outlined in this policy.
How is your information used?
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to process theatre ticket purchases, donation or gift aid and related communication
- to send you fundraising and marketing communications via our newsletters if you have given your consent
- to reply to enquiries
- to process a job application
- to seek your views in a survey
- we may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with the most relevant information
- Existing contacts prior to GDPR (25th May 2018) may be contacted under legitimate interest where there are previous opt-ins or supporter activities
- We may contact businesses under legitimate interest
We are legally obliged to retain some types of information to fulfil our statutory requirements. We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary and we will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
Who has access to your information?
We will never sell or share your data with any third parties for the purposes of marketing.
We never store credit or debit card details. All donations and payments are taken via third party, PCI compliant, payment processing companies.
Third party websites such as Just Giving and BT Donate collect and process personal data on our behalf and we will store any such data for the purposes of contacting participants with regards to an activity or where consent has been given for fundraising communications.
We may only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where business partners or suppliers are engaged in data processing for the performance of any contract we enter into with you (such as payment processing)
- if we obtain further explicit consent from you
- if we are required to do so by law or for the purposes of fraud prevention
Theatre ticketing only:
The Y Theatre is part of the Leicester City Council ticketing network. The ticketing network includes De Montfort Hall, Leicester City Council museums, the Richard III Visitor Centre and The Y Theatre. This means that you have one overall customer record, but transactional information is not passed between venues and your details will be held securely within this network in full compliance with Data Protection legislation.
Within our website you can choose (opt in) to receive communication from us, either by post or email. This may include brochures, special offers and information about shows and events at this venue only. If you do not wish to opt in we will only use your data to contact you in relation to your booking.
We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties unless we are allowed or required to by law.
All card payments are processed by Capita. We do not store or have subsequent access to any credit / debit card details that you provide to make a payment.
Children 16 and under
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
The use of ‘Cookies’
We can collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns but NOT identify you as an individual. The use of first party cookies means we can only collect data regarding our own website, not the details of any website you visit before or after you visit our website. We use Google Analytics to deliver a better website experience for our users.
You can manage or update your own cookie settings by editing your browser preferences.
How you can access and update your information
You can choose which information you wish to receive from us. To change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from The Y, you may notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The accuracy of your information is very important to us. If your details or any of the information we hold becomes inaccurate or out of date, please do contact us to update.
You have the right to access information held about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the GDPR or have any other related queries, please contact our Data Protection Officer. This will be provided free of charge.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data please contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response or outcome you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
Information about us
- The Y, also known as Leicester YMCA, is a registered charity (no. 213513), company limited by guarantee (no. 159933), Housing Association and Registered Social Landlord.
- Our registered address is 7 East Street, Leicester LE1 6EY.
- Marketing preferences can be updated by contacting email@example.com or 0116 204 6208
- Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted on telephone 0116 2440562, email KLambert@leicesterymca.co.uk or by post (The Y, Aylestone Centre, Belvoir Drive, Aylestone, Leicester LE2 8PB)
Review of this Policy