The Y is a delivery/ partner organisation for Moneywise Plus.
Moneywise Plus is a European Social Fund and Big Lottery funded project to improve the on-going digital and financial skills of individuals in Leicester and Leicestershire to support them in moving towards employment, education or training.
The aims of the project are to ensure that participants have:
- Increased financial confidence and greater capacity to manage their daily budgets – making the most of their money, opening a bank account, mobile/internet banking, and maximising income e.g. utility switching.
- Increased digital confidence – using the internet safely, staying in touch with family and friends, accessing online services, and using pc’s, tablets and mobile devices.
- Increased levels of confidence and reduce isolation
This will be done through:
- Financial and digital group workshops
- One to one adviser support
- Opportunities for volunteering
To be eligible for the project participants cannot be in paid work of any kind (supporting evidence will be required).
If you have experienced homelessness and would like to receive further support, please contact our specialist worker and Moneywise Plus Advisor, Jane Cawrey for additional support and advice. Jane can be contacted via email: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0116 2556507
If you would like to refer yourself or if you are an organisation please refer directly through our website www.moneywiseplus.co.uk or call us on 0300 003 7004.